Suggested Training Pathway
Clinical Neurophysiological Technologist/Scientist
Professional Entry Point:
New Graduate/Trainee Clinical Neurophysiology Technologist/Scientist
- Complete a Bachelor of Science or Biomedical/Medical Science with major components of human anatomy and physiology (or equivalent).
Any of the following-
- Enrol in and complete an ANTA Inc. endorsed Clinical Neurophysiology theory component.
- Enrol in and complete an ANTA Inc. endorsed training package offered by a Registered Training Organisation to assess practical competence in one or more Clinical Neurophysiology test(s) to include at least Performing EEG competence.
- Work towards and complete ANTA Inc. Competency Assessment in at least Performing EEG (when available). This would include in-house work place training in accordance with ANTA Inc. Competency statements -EEG
Further Professional Development:
- Enrol in and complete ANTA Inc. endorsed training package offered by a Registered Training Organisation to assess practical competence in other Clinical Neurophysiology test procedures such as Evoked Potentials (EP), Intra-operative Monitoring (IO), Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS) (when available).
- Work towards and complete ANTA Inc. endorsed Competency Assessment in other Clinical Neurophysiology Test Procedures. Such as EP, NCS or IOM. This would include in-house training in accordance with the ANTA Inc. Competency Statements – BAEP, VEP, SSEP; NCS, IOM (when developed)
- Complete Additional Studies
- Management studies, Educator studies, post graduate Clinical Neurophysiology studies.
Frequently asked questions
- My careers question
- What are the requirements for working in Australia?
Workplaces vary with their requirements for employment. There are no formal registration requirements in Australia.